- 200 g navy beans boiled
- 300 g Self raising flour
- 300 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 70 g butter at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 25 gr. - Fresh yeast or 1 Tbsp of dry yeast
- 100 ml milk
- 150 g brown sugar
- 50 g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g raisins (optional)
- 50 g candied fruit peel (optional)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Step 1In the lukewarm milk mix the yeast and reserve until it gets foamy.
- Step 2Blend together the eggs and the beans until they are reduced to a puree.
- Step 3In the bowl of an electric mixer sift both flours. Add the yeast mixture and mix well. . Add the eggs and beans slowly, once everything is well incorporated add the butter. Continue kneading for eight to ten minutes.
- Step 4Cover the bowl with a film and set aside until it doubles in size .
- Step 5Eliminate the air, pressing with the hand and let rest for a few minutes. Prepare the filling mixing all the ingredients except the raisins and the candied peel.
- Step 6Divide the dough in two parts. Using the rolling pin roll one part into a rectangle of 20 x 30 cm. spread the filling evenly, leaving about one centimeter on each side. Sprinkle the raising or the candied peel. Brush one of the longer edges with milk. Roll the dough starting from the opposite side of the one that was brushed with the milk. Using a sharp fork divide the log into eight parts.
- Step 7Place the rolls on a baking tray, brush them with milk. Let them stand for ten minutes.
- Step 8Bake rolls at 180ºC for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the roll comes out clean.
- Step 9In the meantime mix well the icing sugar and milk. Once the cinnamon rolls are out of the oven, let them cool for a few minutes. With a spoon drip the icing over them doing swirls.
Do the same process with the rest of the dough.